DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, August 14, 2026
K.D. Lang & The Reclines - Luck In My Eyes / Trail Of Broken Hearts / Walkin' In And Out Of Your Arms
"Luck in My Eyes" was co-written by k.d. lang and Ben Mink during the creation of the album Absolute Torch and Twang, marking a key collaboration in lang's shift toward a more refined country aesthetic. This partnership, which began with lang's earlier album Angel with a Lariat (1987), saw the duo co-author eight of the record's twelve tracks, allowing lang to mature her songwriting voice beyond the punk-inflected honky-tonk of her independent releases. The song developed amid lang's broader artistic evolution, drawing from her upbringing in the rural Alberta community of Consort, where she was immersed in local country music traditions that shaped her resilient, heartfelt style. As part of the album's overarching concept, "Luck in My Eyes" exemplified the fusion of emotive torch balladry with twangy country instrumentation, enabling lang to broaden her appeal while honoring her roots. From: https://grokipedia.com/page/luck_in_my_eyes
-
Morcheeba - Everybody Loves A Loser Morcheeba - World Looking In This is a tale of cunning, of unscrupulousness. It is the story of a ...
-
Atmospheric, melancholic, and explosive: Two years after forming, the Berlin-based indie band Oktobernatt has released their five-track debu...
-
A mix of two traditional south Indian snake-charming pieces. This heavily-orchestrated reinvention, with Andrew’s sinuous and sensuous Engli...
-
Since I have been going over Texas Songwriters…I have saved Lovett for a while. I knew of him because his name is huge where I live and I’ve...
-
Todd Bernhardt: Let's talk about "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul." Andy Partridge: Oh, I am so proud of this song. These a...

