A mix of two traditional south Indian snake-charming pieces. This heavily-orchestrated reinvention, with Andrew’s sinuous and sensuous English lyrics, takes this Autorickshaw in a whole new direction.
Lyrics: I am known as the Great Snake Charmer
With my voice I control; with my song I will entice you
Feel my melody hypnotize you
You are powerless to resist
With my melody I delight you
Feel the sway of the great snake charmer
Will you rise and dance, snake?
I am the Great Snake Charmer
I can make you writhe in a state of pain or pleasure
Rise for the great snake charmer
‘Til I’m satisfied, you will do your dance for me
I am the Great Snake Charmer
I will tantalize you far beyond all measure
Rise for the Great Snake Charmer
‘Til I’m satisfied, you will do your dance for me
Will you rise and dance, snake? Villai aadu pambe Will you come out to play? Villai
From The Humours of Autorickshaw, released 10 November 2013
Traditional; additional English lyrics by Andrew Craig and Suba Sankaran
Suba Sankaran: lead and background vocals
Ed Hanley: tabla
Rich Brown: electric bass
Andrew Craig: synth and orchestral programming Adrian Eccleston: guitars
Patrick Graham: riqq, sabar, gamelan, gong, concert bass drum, assorted sprinkles Larnell Lewis: drum kit
From: https://ethnocloud.com/Autorickshaw/?song=3694&b=2669
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, August 7, 2026
Autorickshaw - Snake Charmer
-
I’d like to present the first video of my medieval music band "Vocantus". We play music from the XIII to XV century on historical ...
-
Music can be escapism. It isn’t always, but I suspect that is why a 50+ professional who has lived his whole life in either New York or New ...
-
The success of 1975's multi-platinum album Dreamboat Annie left members of Heart feeling pretty good about their future. They'd beco...
-
Mean Mary - Live at Montani Semper Liberi 2019 - Part 1 Mean Mary - Live at Montani Semper Liberi 2019 - Part 2 1. Who would you most ...
-
01 - Ride The Wind 02 - Sugar Babe 03 - Sunlight 04 - The Dolphin 05 - Get Together 06 - Beautiful Ride the Wind followed up Rock Festival (...

