The Burdon Folk Band was founded in 2002 in Lviv (Lwów, Lemberg), Western Ukraine with an aim to play music inspired by eastern european and carpathian folklore. We're using acoustic folk instruments for the best reproduction of atmosphere of old dances which didn't change through centuries. But our music is not a real authentic reflection, we play modern folklore. We don't invent any new tunes, we play old and often very famous ones, with our own arrangement and modern influences.
We've started from nordic folk music. Also the band is working upon european folk and old dance music. The range of our ethnic interests is not limited to a certain region only, so we play also Belgian, English, French & Italian tunes. And our latest interests includes traditional music of Carpathian region (Hungary, Moldavia and of course, Ukraine). From: https://burdon.lviv.ua/en.html
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, August 14, 2026
Burdon Folk Band - Zozulenka
-
Morcheeba - Everybody Loves A Loser Morcheeba - World Looking In This is a tale of cunning, of unscrupulousness. It is the story of a ...
-
Atmospheric, melancholic, and explosive: Two years after forming, the Berlin-based indie band Oktobernatt has released their five-track debu...
-
Since I have been going over Texas Songwriters…I have saved Lovett for a while. I knew of him because his name is huge where I live and I’ve...
-
Todd Bernhardt: Let's talk about "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul." Andy Partridge: Oh, I am so proud of this song. These a...
-
A mix of two traditional south Indian snake-charming pieces. This heavily-orchestrated reinvention, with Andrew’s sinuous and sensuous Engli...


