I love the image of a Kitchen Witch. I promise I’ll try not to overuse the metaphor, but kitchens, food, and cookery are a central part of pretty much every expression of religion and spirituality across the world and throughout time. This includes, of course, one of the most beloved of stoner-doom genre tropes, the witch.
This particular quartet of South Australian witches consists of Georgie Cosson – Vocals, Conor Kinsella – Guitars, Simon Elliott – Bass, and John Russo – Drums. They’ve been delivering their hoodoo blues brews since 2013, and Earth And Ether is full-length number two. I caught a show in Melbourne last year, and was mighty impressed with the Janis vibes on display. The band’s bio agrees with me, name-checking John Lee Hooker, Kyuss and Janis Joplin. From: https://thesleepingshaman.com/reviews/kitchen-witch-earth-ether/
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, October 2, 2026
Kitchen Witch - Rosemary
-
Can you tell us about the new expanded edition of St Johns Wood Affair’s LP and what we can expect from this version? Hi Jason, we recorded ...
-
Buddy Miles - ABC In Concert 1973 Buddy Miles - Helsinki, Finland 1971 Buddy Miles - Live Montreux 1971 Buddy Miles Live! (1971):...
-
Nothing goes together as well as the extreme heat of the summer and really depressive black metal, right? Or is that just me again? Well, an...
-
Tune-Yards have shared a new single. “nowhere, man”—a reference to the Beatles song of a similar name—arrives with a new video featuring Cha...
-
Darcy Farrow - words and music by Steve Gillette and Tom Campbell: When I met Tom Campbell he was working for Walt Disney. From his first jo...


