Chris Cornell on "The Day I Tried to Live": It's about trying to step out of being patterned and closed off and reclusive, which I've always had a problem with. It's about attempting to be normal and just go out and be around other people and hang out. I have a tendency to sometimes be pretty closed off and not see people for long periods of time and not call anyone. It's actually, in a way, a hopeful song. Especially the lines "One more time around/Might do it", which is basically saying, 'I tried today to understand and belong and get along with other people, and I failed, but I'll probably try again tomorrow.' A lot of people misinterpreted that song as a suicide-note song. Taking the word "live" too literally. "The Day I Tried to Live" means more like the day I actually tried to open up myself and experience everything that's going on around me as opposed to blowing it all off and hiding in a cave. From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_I_Tried_to_Live
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, August 28, 2026
Soundgarden - The Day I Tried To Live
-
Welcome aboard NatalieGrace and Steve! It’s great to have you here! It feels like I’ve been speaking to more and more acts in romantic relat...
-
In 1972, with an already embarrassingly rich resume including Buffalo Springfield and CSN&Y, Stephen Stills’ finest hour was still to co...
-
Q: The Joy Formidable – ‘Cradle You Again’ tour commences on the 20th September, their first in four years in the U.K. – How are you feeling...
-
Sorry, but I can’t resist: It was in the month of May that I sat down to review the newest album by the British folk-rockers Albion, titled ...
-
Nusantara Beat didn’t form around a manifesto. It began with a shared sense of curiosity: six musicians in Amsterdam reaching for half-remem...




