Slow Pulp have released a new video for “Track.” The video features hand-drawn animations by Corrinne James, which were inspired by beautiful familial love and what it feels like being a fish pulled out of the water. Massey explains of the song: “I was waiting for the train one day to go home to my parents. There was an older woman who was also waiting on the track and she reminded me of my late Grandmother who I had not thought of in a while. She passed away of alzheimers when I was in high school. My mother often worries she is going to get it as well. The song acts as a letter attempting to reassure her that she will never be forgotten even if she forgets.”
Slow Pulp first started working on new songs in the Spring of 2019, immediately after the release of their EP, Big Day, before scrapping the material following’s Massey’s Mono and Lyme diagnosis. “When we started writing this record, I had been experiencing so much fatigue and getting sick a lot and I didn’t know what it was,” she explains. “The diagnosis validated a lot of what I was feeling. I got tools for how to take care of myself better.” For Massey, taking care of herself meant more than just addressing her physical needs. “The way that I internalize trauma is I will hold it in and not process it for a very long time, but writing songs is the one place where I can’t hide from myself. It just comes out whether or not I want it to or if I’m ready for it to. Figuring out how to write together, as a band, was like me learning how to take care of myself and learning how to communicate better.” From: https://northerntransmissions.com/slow-pulp-track/
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, April 24, 2026
Slow Pulp - Track
-
The first album from Swallow was produced by Jean Paul Salvatori, who put together the excellent Bootleg Him! double LP of Alexis Korner mat...
-
Buddy Miles - ABC In Concert 1973 Buddy Miles - Helsinki, Finland 1971 Buddy Miles - Live Montreux 1971 Buddy Miles Live! (1971):...
-
01. Close To The Edge 02. And You And I 03. Siberian Khatru Close To The Edge features the so-called ”Classical line-up” of Yes that was for...
-
Nusantara Beat didn’t form around a manifesto. It began with a shared sense of curiosity: six musicians in Amsterdam reaching for half-remem...
-
Do you consider Twen to be a DIY band? Jane: We’ve set up our own label. I would love to meet the person that could do absolutely every sing...
