Eaves Wilder has announced her debut album Little Miss Sunshine will drop on April 17, 2026 via Secretly Canadian. Ahead of the album’s release, the artist shares her new single “Hurricane Girl”. The North London artist says of the song, “This is my go at cock rock. I love Pearl Jam, I love Janes Addiction, I love Stone Temple Pilots, Sound Garden, Aerosmith. I love how swaggering and soaring they sound. The first time I ever listened to Pearl Jam, I was up a mountain, and I wanted to make mountain music too. Songs with elemental scale.”
The path to Wilder’s debut album began, with a period of silence. After a run of singles and a debut EP, she stepped back from music entirely, hitting pause and questioning her creative direction so intensely she nearly walked away for good (she even, at one point, Googled nunneries). But the distance became a catalyst. While Wilder felt she had too much. “I wasn’t having a nervous breakdown; I was just a hurricane making a whirlwind. I am not stubborn, I’m a mountain. Clouds aren’t pathetic when they cry, so why am I?”
Removed from the outside world and working in isolation in her shed – where she arranges, writes and produces – she began work on her debut full-length, an escapist creation born within four walls. “I want to make worlds now,” Eaves said of returning to her musical calling. From: https://northerntransmissions.com/hurricane-girl-by-eaves-wilder/
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Friday, April 24, 2026
Eaves Wilder - Hurricane Girl
-
The first album from Swallow was produced by Jean Paul Salvatori, who put together the excellent Bootleg Him! double LP of Alexis Korner mat...
-
Q: The Joy Formidable – ‘Cradle You Again’ tour commences on the 20th September, their first in four years in the U.K. – How are you feeling...
-
Nusantara Beat didn’t form around a manifesto. It began with a shared sense of curiosity: six musicians in Amsterdam reaching for half-remem...
-
In 1972, with an already embarrassingly rich resume including Buffalo Springfield and CSN&Y, Stephen Stills’ finest hour was still to co...
-
Sorry, but I can’t resist: It was in the month of May that I sat down to review the newest album by the British folk-rockers Albion, titled ...
