Cornelius — yes, taking his name from The Planet of the Apes character — is a huge star in his homeland of Japan. He never really achieved success in the States, touring only sporadically during the late 1990s and early 2000s behind albums released on Matador Records: '98's Fantasma and 2002's Point. In 2002, I managed to catch Cornelius playing a support slot to Air at a show in Munich. It was one of the best concert performances I've ever seen, especially because of the syncopation of the live music and visual effects. I heard good reports of Cornelius's show last year at Eaux Claires, too, where he played Fantasma in its entirety. So it was a very pleasant surprise to hear that Cornelius is ending a hiatus of 11 years with a new release coming July 1. The video for the first single, "If You're Here," gives you an idea of what he's capable of. It's the best use of coffee, cigarettes and keychains ever! From: https://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2017/05/30/dj-pick-of-the-week-cornelius-if-youre-here
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Sunday, November 9, 2025
Cornelius - If You're Here
-
In 1972, with an already embarrassingly rich resume including Buffalo Springfield and CSN&Y, Stephen Stills’ finest hour was still to co...
-
Q: The Joy Formidable – ‘Cradle You Again’ tour commences on the 20th September, their first in four years in the U.K. – How are you feeling...
-
Sorry, but I can’t resist: It was in the month of May that I sat down to review the newest album by the British folk-rockers Albion, titled ...
-
Nusantara Beat didn’t form around a manifesto. It began with a shared sense of curiosity: six musicians in Amsterdam reaching for half-remem...
-
01. Close To The Edge 02. And You And I 03. Siberian Khatru Close To The Edge features the so-called ”Classical line-up” of Yes that was for...
