Sunday, January 29, 2023

Psalteria - Nazad, Nazad, Mome, Kalino


 #Psalteria #medieval #world music #neo-medieval #folk #traditional #pre-BraAgas #Czech

Psalteria was a Czech medieval folk band consisting of four young women. The quartet advertised itself with the catchphrase "the medieval women's band". The group's repertoire consisted of traditional pieces from the Middle Ages, which the group interpreted in their own way. In addition to songs in German, Latin and French, most of the songs are in Spanish. Due to a high presence on German medieval markets, Psalteria was able to achieve high popularity here in the medieval scene. In January 2007, the group disbanded. The band members now play divided into the medieval groups BraAgas and Euphorica.  Translated from: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalteria

 ‘Go back, Kalina, don’t follow me. Ahead is a thick forest, you can’t cross it.’
‘Then I’ll turn into a hawk. I’ll fly over the forest. I’ll be yours forever.’
‘Go back, Kalina, don’t follow me. Ahead is a deep river, you can’t cross it.’
‘Then I’ll turn into a trout. I’ll swim across the river. I’ll be yours forever.’
‘Go back, Kalina, don’t follow me. At home I have a beautiful wife and some children too.’
‘Then I’ll turn into the plague. I’ll kill your wife and take care of your children. I’ll be yours forever.’
From: https://londonbulgarianchoir.bandcamp.com/track/nazad-nazad-mome-kalino