Q: You’ve had some interesting covers, such as Cher’s hit, “Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves.” Did you record the song because you like it or did someone bring it to you?
Lisa Loeb: That was one of my favorite songs from when I was growing up. There was a guy named Bob Kulich who puts together a lot of cover albums and he usually calls on heavy metal guitar players to do them. A long time ago when I was dating Dweezil Zappa, he asked Dweezil to be a part of an Ozzy Osbourne covers album. We both suggested that I sing “Goodbye To Romance,” which is an Ozzy Osbourne song. After a little bit of a fight Bob thought it was a good idea and I did this song with all these other great musicians playing on the track. It was a really interesting experience and added variety to the album. So Bob called on me to do some other covers. When the Cher covers album came up, “Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves” was always one of my favorites. It’s so mysterious sounding and dramatic, definitely not something I wouldn’t do myself, I don’t think. I was so excited to have the opportunity to sing that song.
From: https://news.pollstar.com/2014/04/18/a-few-minutes-with-lisa-loeb/
DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC FUN FOR YOUR EARS - 60s to 90s rock, prog, psychedelia, folk music, folk rock, world music, experimental, doom metal, strange and creative music videos, deep cuts and more!
Saturday, January 7, 2023
Lisa Loeb - Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves
-
Let’s start with the basics first, when did the band first get together and what is the background to choosing Monster Truck as your band na...
-
Magic Castles - Abandoned Mansions Magic Castles - Dragonfly Great to have you here. I want to start right in the middle of things wit...
-
Whimsical Creature is the latest outlet for the songs of Michael Whiteman, whose prolific writing brought us I Am The Manic Whale, as well a...
-
Chris Cornell on "The Day I Tried to Live": It's about trying to step out of being patterned and closed off and reclusive, whi...
-
Can you tell us about the new expanded edition of St Johns Wood Affair’s LP and what we can expect from this version? Hi Jason, we recorded ...
